Elution Buffer is 2.5 mM Tris-HCl pH 8.5. TE buffer or water can also be used, but yield will be slightly lower. The pH of the elution solution is critical; buffers with a higher pH such as 8.5 or above will be more efficient to elute DNA from the column.
Articles in this section
- Can I extract and purify DNA from low melting point (LMP) Agarose gels?
- Can I extract and purify DNA from gels using TAE running buffer?
- What additional consumables does the user need?
- Can I use TE buffer or water to elute DNA from the column?
- Is it necessary to repeat the wash procedure?
- Will QuickClean II PCR Purification Kit remove fluorescent dyes from real-time PCR reactions?
- Are GenScript buffers with identical names in different kits the same?
- Can I use QuickClean Miniprep kits for low-copy plasmids and cosmids?
- How to resolve genomic DNA contamination in my plasmid prep?
- How do I know if my plasmid is a high- or low copy number type?