The DNA eluted from the column is pure enough for most downstream applications. However, if the downstream applications are sensitive to salt carryover, it is better to wash the column twice prior to elution.
Articles in this section
- Can I extract and purify DNA from low melting point (LMP) Agarose gels?
- Can I extract and purify DNA from gels using TAE running buffer?
- What additional consumables does the user need?
- Can I use TE buffer or water to elute DNA from the column?
- Is it necessary to repeat the wash procedure?
- Will QuickClean II PCR Purification Kit remove fluorescent dyes from real-time PCR reactions?
- Are GenScript buffers with identical names in different kits the same?
- Can I use QuickClean Miniprep kits for low-copy plasmids and cosmids?
- How to resolve genomic DNA contamination in my plasmid prep?
- How do I know if my plasmid is a high- or low copy number type?