This is caused by the concentrated polyacrylamide on the top part of the gel. It will help if this part of the gel is cut and removed before transfer.
Articles in this section
- Will overnight destaining affect the resolution of the band?
- Why do some parts of the gel become sticky following protein transfer?
- What's the buffer I should use to transfer the gel?
- What running buffer should I use to run the gel?
- Which sample loading buffer should I choose?
- Is this gel stable at room temperature?
- What running tanks are ExpressPlus™ and SurePAGE™ gels compatible with?
- How long does it take to run a ExpressPlus™ or SurePAGE™ gel?
- What's the difference between ExpressPlus™ and SurePAGE™ gels?