A minimum of 3 gRNA sequences are recommended to ensure knock-out and experimental accuracy. Independently obtained knock-out mutants provide redundancy to safeguard against any hidden off-target effects.
Articles in this section
- What are the factors that can affect CRISPR targeting efficiency and specificity?
- What expression vectors should I use?
- What are your CRISPR plasmid delivery specifications?
- How many gRNA sequences are needed for targeted knock-out?
- How should gRNA sequences be designed?
- Do I need an all-in-one or dual vector system?
- When are lentiviral or adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors necessary?
- When should I use SpCas9 nickase vectors?
- How are gRNA sequences designed for the transcription activation (SAM) system?