If your PCR reaction used to work and then stopped, the primers or template may have degraded. The primers can last up to 1 year if stored lyophilized and aliquoted at -20°C. Freezing and thawing cause the primers degradation. Primers or template may also degrade due to contamination. Millipore filtration systems, which require the filter to be changed periodically, can supply water of questionable quality at the end of a cycle. If you are using a filter system, check to see if your filter was changed soon after resuspending your oligos. If this is the case, you may need to consider changing the filters more often.
Articles in this section
- What information do you need to prepare a quote?
- If you cannot finish the project (molecular biology project), do I still have to pay?
- I only have the vector map but not the sequence. Can you still process my request?
- Do you sequence verify the clones you made?
- Why I can't cut this plasmid (with XbaI siteTCTAGA) with XbaI while I can cut other constructs with Xba I fine?
- Why is my gene sequence different from the standard sequence?
- We have verified the insertions in the samples before submitting orders. Why the sequencing result indicates an empty vector?
- If client does not know the restriction enzyme sites flanking the genes, nor the vector map, but could provide the gene sequence, and primer sequences to be used for sequencing confirmation, can we take the project?
- With what vectors do we ship bacstab & induction solution to the client?
- Why did my PCR reaction stop working?