Basically we accept proteins dissolved in a kind of buffer, and the buffer may contain <1% detergent, <4M urea to make the protein soluble if needed. Protein in PAGE gel band can be used for rabbit immunization, but it's not recommended because of the difficulties in quantity determination, emulsification and lower success rate. To ensure high level of specific antibody to the target protein, >85% purity is required for protein antigen in polyclonal antibody production.
Articles in this section
- Will Genscript ship some samples for test before final delivery?
- Why there is no affinity purification service for mouse pAb package?
- Why there is an extra cys in the antigen sequence you designed for me? Is it necessary to conjugate the peptide to a carrier protein and why?
- Why there is no immune-affinity purification option in mAb purification?
- Why is the antibody yield so much higher for the protein A-purified package verses the other purification methods?
- Why do you need to do KLH conjugation for my antigen? What carrier protein should I choose for conjugation?
- Why do you choose 15mer epitopes for Ab generation?
- Why do I order test bleed?
- Why am I seeing multiple or unexpected bands on a Western with my affinity purified antibody?
- Which end of the peptide “C” should be added to for KLH conjugation?