The antigen (protein) should be soluble in a PBS or a buffer without organic solvents. Small tags (such as 6xHis, HA, FLAG, V5, c-myc) are preferred. For mAb development, the protein antigen shall be >2mg and >75% purity. For diagnostic or functional mAb development, the higher purity (85-90%) is preferred; for pAb development, protein antigen shall be >3mg and >85% purity (additional 5mg is needed for purified pAb).
Articles in this section
- What is the concentration of protein that you usually get from E.coli expression system?
- For antibody generation, are there special requirements for the production of antigen protein?
- I want to express a heterodimer constitutes with two subunits. How would you suggest, in one construct or in two constructs?
- What is "crystallographic grade" protein?
- I may want to order large scale protein production later, but not now. How long will GenScript keep the expression vector for me?
- What is the best temperature for shipping and long term storage of Baculovirus (BV)? Is there any difference in the storage buffer for delivery and long term storage?
- Do you regularly check endotoxin level for custom proteins?
- Why shall I choose GenScript to produce custom protein expression?
- Do you ship the produced protein in lyophilized or liquid form?
- What is the cost and time for scale up?