Gene synthesis cost is affected mainly by gene length and complexity. Gene expression (protein production) cost is mainly affected by 1. Expression system you choose (E.coli? insect? yeast? or mammalian?) 2. The amount and purity of protein you required. 3. Other special requirements (e.g. tag removal, endotoxin level control, special tags, etc.)
Articles in this section
- What is the concentration of protein that you usually get from E.coli expression system?
- For antibody generation, are there special requirements for the production of antigen protein?
- I want to express a heterodimer constitutes with two subunits. How would you suggest, in one construct or in two constructs?
- What is "crystallographic grade" protein?
- I may want to order large scale protein production later, but not now. How long will GenScript keep the expression vector for me?
- What is the best temperature for shipping and long term storage of Baculovirus (BV)? Is there any difference in the storage buffer for delivery and long term storage?
- Do you regularly check endotoxin level for custom proteins?
- Why shall I choose GenScript to produce custom protein expression?
- Do you ship the produced protein in lyophilized or liquid form?
- What is the cost and time for scale up?